Major benefits include the following
- Prevent passing infectious diseases to the recipient
- Minimize the chances of passing any genetic disease or defect to the child
- Ensure the psychological and emotional stability of the donor
- Ensure the donor’s dedication and health throughout the donation process
Assessing Fertility Potential
Medical screening typically begins with a fertility evaluation to verify the capacity of the donor’s ovaries to produce eggs. This usually consists of a physical exam, pelvic exam, ultrasound, and blood tests to check for hormone levels and ascertain blood group.
Pathological and Genetic Screening prior to Donation
This will include tests to determine your blood group as well as screening for infectious, genetic disorders and sexually transmitted diseases. This health check-up is free of cost for the donor.
- We send all our blood samples to NABL-accredited pathology laboratories to get reliable results.
- List of examinations are as follows
- Complete Blood Count
- Blood Typing
- HIV 1 & 2 antibody testing
- Hepatitis B surface antigen
- Hepatitis B core antibody testing
- Hepatitis C antibody testing
There are various methods available to detect the above viral infections but we use Enzyme Immuno Assay to perform the test because we find it more reliable than other cheaper methods.
- SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase)
- Random Blood Sugar
- S. Creatinine
- Routine urine testing
BabyQuest Cryobank strives to perform genetic testing in a thoughtful and rational manner for common and relevant diseases. We do the following genetic testing for all donors:
- Chromosome Analysis (karyotype)
- Hemoglobinopathies including Thalassemia (alpha and beta)